Author Topic: ReaSnow S1 Manager App stopped working all of a sudden  (Read 1446 times)

Shockwave

• 1337 Gamer
ReaSnow S1 Manager App stopped working all of a sudden
« on: July 19, 2024, 10:35:16 PM »
Hi guys, 

Yesterday, I was trying to hop on the Manager app to switch from one config to another one, as I wanted to play xDefiant on MNK, however I noticed the App was acting up. I was not sure if the Manager app was updated to it's latest version or not, but it always worked perfectly, never had issues getting into the app, it all started suddenly yesterday night.

I haven't changed the cables or anything, everything is exactly the same, the app simply won't work. Now I have uninstalled the app and downloaded the most recent version, my Bluetooth and Local services are up and running, the S1 is connected to the Xbox Series X, light is red stable, no sound or anything, there's keyboard, mouse and controller plugged in, working in games (with no personalization, I have no clue which is my default profile, but I know it is reading all the devices and working), however the app WONT open.

Can you guys help me out figuring out what is the possible cause? 

When I leave the screen thinking and click to Skip, to try to connect to an offline mode, it now says I need to update to the latest version.
Console: Xbox Series X
Controller: Series X Custom Controller by Stelf - 4 paddles
Keyboard: Aula F-75 Custom Keyboard
Mouse: Delux M800 Ultra
Adaptor: ReaSnow S1

𝟏𝟑𝟑𝟕 - 𝔈𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔦𝔪𝔭𝔬𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔟𝔩𝔢, 𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔩 𝔦𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔡𝔬𝔫𝔢.

Shockwave

• 1337 Gamer
Re: ReaSnow S1 Manager App stopped working all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2024, 10:40:04 PM »
I tried to upload the file log in here, but it says my file is too large, more than 300kb.

Therefore, I uploaded it in here:

https://file.io/yfxFcYteuQKF

Ty

Shockwave

• 1337 Gamer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 10:53:56 PM »
Downloaded the latest version of the app through this link: https://www.reasnow.com/download/ReaSnowApp/ReaSnow%20Manager%20V1.6.18-64bit-20231221.apk

App is now saying "Synchronizing game data" and it takes a while.

My phone is a Samsung S23 256GB.

Austin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2024, 10:27:48 AM »
Hello, may I ask if you still can't use the app properly? Could you please provide a screen recording video of the app when it's running so that we can analyze the issue?
We've recently updated our firmware. Please check if you're currently using the latest version.

Shockwave

• 1337 Gamer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2024, 10:07:22 PM »
Hello,

After uninstalling the app 2 - 3 times and downloading it again, from the most most recent link available in the Guides from our forums, I managed to make it work. It was strange because I never had this kind of issue before, I know that the App does take a few seconds to load / connect to the server before I can manage all my settings within the adapter, however for some reason, I was opening it, with Bluetooth and Location services enabled, just like always, same cables, same everything... It was not working.

Also, I don't know to what kind of database or what this apps connects to whenever we open it up, but wouldn't it be possible to make an offline version of it where you have your settings downloaded on your phone (as a backup) and whenever you want to receive a new config from the S1 admin people, you connect it to the internet, download the new package and goes offline again?

I know those initial seconds are a minor thing, but having the app booting up instantly would be much better, so just an idea. I don't really mind waiting like 20 - 30 seconds, usually it's the time when the game that I am about to play is booting up.

Austin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 10:04:49 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions. I will pass them on to the application development department for further improvement.
The current situation is that, if you do not upgrade the firmware/app version and disconnect from the internet while opening the app, a prompt will appear after the network connection timeout. After selecting to skip the prompt, you can normally use the app.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 10:10:24 AM by Austin »