Author Topic: !!!Add a dynamic deadzone to turn aim assist into an aimbot on the gamepad!!!  (Read 1060 times)

Chetin

Hello, dear developers!

I have an idea regarding the addition of stick deadzone emulation on the gamepad for constant aim assist activation.

Let me explain:
For a long time, I couldn't understand why aim assist works almost like an aimbot when playing with a keyboard and mouse. When I aim at an enemy while moving the crosshair with the mouse, I notice that the crosshair sticks to the target, and the aim behaves as if it's locking on. This happens for one simple reason: every time I move the mouse towards the enemy, the game detects a deadzone from the mouse. This is because, physically, a person cannot "hold" the mouse like they can with a gamepad stick, which would create smooth movement. Instead, people reposition the mouse, and during sensor movement, micro-stutters occur, which essentially form a deadzone. When you aim at an enemy and try to manually track them with the mouse, a short deadzone triggers, and aim assist resumes its work, helping you consistently track a moving target. This creates the impression that aim assist turns into an aimbot.

Unlike the mouse, when you hold a gamepad stick to one side, it creates uninterrupted movement of the crosshair without a deadzone. The deadzone only activates when you fully return the stick to the neutral position, which requires releasing it. This is why aim assist doesn't work as effectively on a gamepad. When you're aiming, the game sees that you don?t need help, as you're holding the stick, and it doesn?t detect a deadzone.

What I suggest: Add the option to set a dynamic deadzone for the right stick, with the ability to adjust the delay. For example, you could set an initial deadzone and a maximum one. Let?s say the deadzone would be triggered at 100 when the stick is tilted, but with a delay of 1 microsecond. This means that each time you move the stick, the deadzone would change from 0 to 100 every microsecond. This would create a micro-freeze of the stick, causing continuous aim assist support.

Austin

• Global Moderator
We have already added a similar feature. Please add an Apex Legends(AA) config, and change the in-game setting.

Chetin

No, I didn?t see a function there that is responsible for the dead zone of the gamepad stick;
You probably misunderstood me, I need a setting specifically for playing with a gamepad, not with a keyboard and mouse.

I need a function that, when activated, would programmatically change the dead zone from 0 to 100 with a specific timing.

Austin

• Global Moderator
To improve the AA effect, you can do the following
1. Reduce the in-game dead zone values. Take Apex Legends as an example, see this image: https://ibb.co/Ny80Sms
2. Add a controller config. Depending on where your controller is connected, you may need to add an authentication/converted controller config. Then change the Dead Zone settings in Edit Config-More until there's a slight drift when the joystick isn't moving.