Author Topic: G400S DPI/Polling rate  (Read 5344 times)

MaunoMato

G400S DPI/Polling rate
« on: May 03, 2017, 12:55:10 AM »
Hi,

First of all, what's the answer to the "Old controller with XYAB buttons" in the registration form, I tried Sega Megadrive/Saturn, which both had it in their controllers and SNES, XBOX...

On topic:

I have some issues with my recently aquired CrossHair and G400s mouse.

Followed the usual steps with setting up the mouse in the G-software but this seems to do very little as it seems to go back to the default settings once I connect it to the PS4 via CrossHair.

How does one go about and save it in the device? It's also reset to default 250 polling and 200DPI if I connect it to another computer.

I get some serious jitter when doing slow movements in games but works fine once I add some speed to the movement, game sensitivy does not change this.

Manually increasing the DPI with the buttons on the mouse seem to do nothing while connected to the CrossHair.

Then again I read some information on the Logitech forums that says that default DPI is 2000 and polling rate should be 1000Hz, maybe some issue with the CrossHair setup?

Any tips?

richard

• Global Moderator
Re: G400S DPI/Polling rate
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »
please do select "on-board memory" to save your settings.

and we also have a video for G502 with the same software as yours,
it might help.

ReaSnow Cross Hair Mouse Preparation
http://youtu.be/AS-uPH4cRaE

richard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:35:39 AM »
And the answer for that question is : xbox 360
:)

MaunoMato

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:47:29 AM »
please do select "on-board memory" to save your settings.

and we also have a video for G502 with the same software as yours,
it might help.

ReaSnow Cross Hair Mouse Preparation
http://youtu.be/AS-uPH4cRaE
Thanks, Richard.

While it didn't solve the issue, it clarified it a bit.

The G400S does not have the option to save to onboard memory, however it seems to save the settings there by default.

In my case, I have to unplug the mouse before shutting the computer down, otherwise it will revert to some default value.

I still have some jitter, especially in The Division but it's a huge improvement, Hitman, Ark and BF1 are playable at least.

Time to fiddle some more, thanks again :)

MaunoMato

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 10:45:40 PM »
Sorry for spamming, no edit option for my posts.

Either way, it seems that the G400s randomly saves the settings and sometimes does not, regardless of if you just unplug it from the computer while it's on or if you shut it down first.

This would not be an issue if the mouse did not reset to 250 DPI, the DPI buttons do seem to work in game too, only issue is that they only do 50 DPI increments and no indicator of what DPI you currently have so it's hard to recommend this particular mouse for Cross Hair.

Unless you want to press the DPI button a couple of hundred times when you start your game.

Went and bought a cheap Corsair Harpoon, which is awful ergonomically compared to the G400s, but works like a charm, DPI button with 5 different settings up to 6000DPI, LED that indicates which one is selected etc.

Not on the supported mice list but it works well.